How to create a Certificate Signing Request for Microsoft Outlook Web Access?
In order to generate a CSR for Microsoft Outlook Web Access, please follow these steps:
1. Open the Internet Services Manager, and right-click on Default Web Site (or the site hosting your OWA component.) Select Properties.
2. Under the Directory Security tab, click Server Certificate.
3. Click next. Select 'Create a new certificate' and hit next. Select 'Prepare the request now, but send it later' and press next.
4. Select 'Prepare the request now, but send it later' and click next.
5. Enter a name for the certificate that you can identify on your server. Choose a bit-length of 2048. Leave the other boxed un-checked.
6. Enter the full legal name of your company. Enter a department such as ‘Web’ or 'Online' or ‘IT’ in the organizational unit.
7. Enter the fully qualified domain name of your Outlook Web Access (ex. mail.ssl247.fr)
8. Enter the location of your organization: Country, State, and City. To find out your two-letter ISO code, click here
9. Choose a file name and save your Certificate Signing Request (CSR). The file should be saved as a text file (.txt)
10. Click next to generate the file.
11. Finally open the CSR file using a text editor such as notepad (.txt), and copy /paste the text (including the BEGIN and END tags) into the SSL247 order form.